View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Marrying a Girl From a Different Culture

[ QUOTE ]
As he says to me, "As long as you find your way home again, Asian women let you have your fun." The lady herself seems to confirm as much.

She's also very polite, and has that old-country thing going about not trying to wear the pants in the family, and doing the stereotypical homemaker type stuff, always having food ready, that kind of thing. That's pretty hard for a guy to resist. Many American women have traded that sort of thing, the typical "woman's part of the bargain," in for a career, but quite a few have abandoned that sort of thing without replacing it with anything else. That's one reason Asian women are getting ever more popular.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. This is pretty consistent with what KKF used to say about Asian women. He seemed to think that they are a big improvement over American women who, if I recall correctly, he sees as too bossy and selfish.

But my friend, the one who's married to the Korean girl, told me that his wife is stubborn and spoiled, that she refuses to do any housework and he's stuck doing the cooking and cleaning up. He also said she has a terrible temper and can't be reasoned with. I get the impression she wears the pants in the family and he hates it. I've actually met her and talked to her on several occasions. I found her to be very likable and open. I really think she's a great person.

I should mention that there's a big imbalance between their incomes; she's a doctor, he teaches English.

On top of his marital problems, my friend feels isolated and lonely in Korea. There is no one for him to speak English with and he said that Korean is really hard to learn. So anyway, he's having this big culture clash meltdown over there right now. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]