View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Re: Blinds, damn blinds...

I really like the way this hand was played.

Preflop looks good.
Against Tighty McTight, you need to raise K7o first in as a blind steal, since he’ll likely fold. But against Loosy McLoose, this is actually a raise for value, since he’s calling anyway and we’re ahead of his range so much it hurts…
This guy seems pretty aggro, and he may be well aware that we are trying to steal his blinds, and is likely just re-stealing. There’s no indication that he has a premium hand.

I like the flop check-raise. He’s likely not re-raising THAT lightly, so we can reasonably assume he missed the flop. We have middle pair, which HU is a monster. He was the preflop 3-bettor and he’s pretty aggro, so he’s betting out. We have hit the board, so c/r is a-ok!

After our check-raise on the flop, we need to lead any turn card. Him raising us there is representing either a straight or a flush, or another made hand screwplaying with us after the flop.
There’s still a good chance we’re ahead, but now we must assume he could very well have us beat.

Thus I’m calling his turn raise, and calling the river bet, and then I’d make a note on villain’s HU-play.

nh, sir!