View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em study group

found this blog on the book you mention above, with the following quote from a poster in a thread or whatever (just trying to get info on the book):

"I am struggling with the notion or process of controlling pot size especially out of position.

I am playing .5/1 NL 100max at Party. This is a hypothetical situation but one which I am struggling to get to grips with. Say I am in UTG+1 I raise to $3 with KK and get one caller in LP. Caller has same stack size as me at $100.

Flop comes Q73 rainbow I bet $5 into the $7.5 pot and LP calls. I never find it easy after this point when I have raised and then get called on the flop and we have deep stacks. How should I proceed now. It is these way ahead or way behind situations that are so difficult to get to grips with(I am hoping your new book helps a lot with this). If the stacks are a lot shallower then I probably have to go all the way here. But I have read about controlling pot size when in position but not when out of position. I know most of these sort of situations are player dependant but lets assume the caller is a splid player. Thanks"

am i missing something here? is this book geared more towards complete donks who know what good hands are but have absolutely horrendous post flop skills?

the author of the column ( column here ) touts that this book is geared towards the intermediate player, but i dunno if that's the case...