View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: How Kenny Tran Rates Internet Players

[ QUOTE ]
David, im not really sure how super high stakes games work. when i played 500-1k nl/plo game at bobbys room this summer, it was capped at 7 people. most of the other higher stakes live games i have played start off 10 handed, but then eventually break down to a few of the better players playing short, then everyone quitting saying 'this stupid kid keeps reraising, hes so bad.' in a full ring 10 handed setting, i think Tran is generally right here, but saying not 1 of the top 20.. i mean cmon. most of us 'online' players dont know how to fold KK pf. it is the second best hand after all. Most of us DO seem to be able to adjust though but god forbid we do, they kick us out of the game because we play 'too tight' and dont give 'enough action'. apparently the 'live players' want it both ways. tons of idiot fish that play too many hands and play them bad.

MY guess is tran played online a little bit at higher stakes games (50-1+) and got crushed short handed. i dont know enough about his game to even comment with any authority, so this is speculation, but i would venture to guess that he tried to run a bunch of bluffs like he would in a live game against the nitty people that fold a lot and got snap looked up by 3rd pair more than once, and got frustrated. A lot of the high stakes online regs just have a ton more experience in playing short handed, as thats really the only sort of games that get off the ground. For him to say that not one of the top 20 high stakes NL players is considered an online player is just absolutely ridiculous. I would take me, durr, z, hac, (urindanger and his bro) phil (jman) and whichever 4 guys he picks in a 10 handed game all day, and OH MY GOD if the game was short handed.. The best thing about this, is we could actually set it up, and everyone from our side would be very interested in playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

"nh", say the railbirds...