View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Massive self destructive tendencies. Need advice

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose being an adult and accepting you need to practice self control is out of the question?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he wasn't able to accept that I doubt he would have made this post asking for help to begin with. This is psych, people are allowed to have problems here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you are right I never have accepted the fact that I am in control and that it is me who is ultimately responsible for my own actions. I love to pass blame to something else, like bad luck or blame the fact that I was born this way and I am unchangeable. I say to my brother who lives with me and also plays poker that "you don't know how it feels to be me."

Another piece of the puzzle: My rage is much less severe when no one is in the house. I don't think I've damaged anything when alone. This holds true in golf as well. When I play by myself I generally stay fairly calm. My entire life I have had problems unmatched when it comes down to losing.

I actually think I know the right steps to get myself under control I just refuse to sit down and make a plan because of laziness.

I just really hate to think I no longer can do anything competitive because I erupt, but thats what its looking like. I really will try and not play poker until I come up with some semblance of a plan.

Thanks for all the advice.