View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: **Fantasy Basketball Advice Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone just give me some super basic drafting tips for a standard h2h league?

It's the 9 basic scoring stats, and I literally have no idea what I'm doing.

Basically if you take someone who sucks at 1 category you just totally forget about trying to win those categories?

Again, I'm just looking for super basic tips.

[/ QUOTE ]

The basic idea is to go all out for 6 categories and ignore 3. The reasoning of course is there is you don't need to win every category, so if you try your hardest at fewer cats, you have a greater chance of "winning" the matchup. (so far easy stuff)

the trick is to find position players that fit into the roles you want; for example, some people go "small ball," and get big players that get 3pts, assists, and steals. Likewise, some people go "big ball," and get small players that get FG%, rebounds, and blocks.

Points are VERY overrated and obviously the stat least affected by variance; people who build point-dominated teams typically lose badly. (Even if they focus on FG%, 3pt%, FT%, and points - basically efficient scorers)

H2H differs from Roto in that you really don't need 3 categories at all. As in, if you're going big (depends on which categories you use, but that is TYPICALLY points, rebounds, blocks, FG%, and TOs) people who get assists are worthless; people who get steals are worthless; and people who hit 3pters are worthless. Just build on that.

(Some really cool H2H guys then are jason kidd for big ball teams, lamar odom for small ball, etc.)