View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 03:40 PM

Default 2 postflop 3bets, live play.

I dont find myself 3betting the flop too often. Mainly because when I'm checkraised I give my opponent credit for a big ish hand, and therefore... If i have a big hand I will make alot anyway by calling and putting it in by calling down or raising the turn, and if I have a draw I wont make them fold so I may as well call. (And put it in if I hit) and obvi if I believe my opponent is strong alot, a bluff makes little sense, so I try not 3betting air. That said, I played these hands over the past 10 days, and for some reason now that I'm home I'm thinking over them and found them interesting. (I dont find many hands I play post worthy, so I guess this may say something?)

1. This hand takes place early morning at the Wynn, in a 10/20 game which has broken. Villain is a 2p2er who I've logged alot of time with, and I obviously lied about my hand to him after the fact. The game is 4handed, he is sitting on roughly 15k, and I have roughly the same. (He probably covers me by a bit, but suffice to say the game is [censored] deep). I'd rather not reveal my thoughts on his game but I think he's a terrific player, but like anyone, does not play perfectly. I think he thinks I bluff way more then I do.

4handed I straddle - I straddle near 100% frequency if the game is ever shorthanded. button and SB fold, villain calls in the BB, I have J2o so I decide not to raise it up. (Fwiw, this opponent thinks I steal dead money too much, so against him I never do)

Flop is 6 6 5r, he checks and I check. there is 90 in there and I probably missed a profitable bet. But it's close and I dont feel bad about that. Turn is an offsuit 3, he checks, I bet 80, he checkraises to 240, I make it 780.

If he calls, are we bluffing any river? Clearly value betting if we spike a 4.

different session, this time the venetian, it's 5/10 and again 4handed. villain is a marine who plays 5/10 on pokerstars/full tilt, and I think ive logged hands with him online. he was really weak live, though, so i am real surprised he wins online. (or makes money at all) but who knows. again I straddle, but this time button, small blind, and BB (villain) all call, I check my option with 83[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. His stack is roughly 3.5k, I cover by a lot.

so 80 in the pot, it comes 6 4 3r, w/ 1 club. it checks to me, and I bet 60. button and small blind fold, and villain makes it 220. I make it 700.