View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 08:15 AM

Default THE SIMPSONS - Game Thread

In addition to the basic Springfield vs Mafia dynamic, there's going to be a few sub-plots occurring that are known only to the players participating in them. These sub plots will include alternate or additional winning conditions for those players. All deaths & lynchings will be revealed as character name and primary role. Any roles related to the sub-plots for any players will not be revealed.

There will be some surprises in the game. The surprises will add flavour. You will not lose the game because of something I did not reveal in the rules. Others, however, know of these secrets, and could lose because of these surprises. But they know about them, so it doesn't matter.

<u>Powers</u>

The following is a list of powers that may be available to players in the game.

Cop: Standard Cop role. Will reveal the character name and primary role of a player. There is a possibility that Cop views will not be entirely accurate. See the Mish-Mash Mafia threads for potential changes.

Investigator: A role related to one or more of the sub-plots. These are characters that can search for 1 particular role in the game, and receives a Yes/No answer on whether the person they viewed has the role they are searching for.

Doctor: Standard Doctor role. Like the Cops, it is not necessarily 100% effective in all situations.

Miracle Worker: Has the power of resurrection. Because of this, there is to be no talking outside of the thread by dead players.

The Simpson Family: Similar to the Masonry, except it cannot recruit more members. All Simpsons participating in the game will be able to communicate outside of the thread at any time. Any player in the game that says they are a member of the Simpson family will be killed instantly. This is due to the story, which will be revealed in full at the start of the game.

Serial Killer: Just like the name implies, they're out to kill people. If this character is in the game, it would be an additional night kill to the one made by the mafia.

Mafia: This is the mafia we know and love. They can communicate outside the thread at night only.

<u>Characters</u>

There's 27 characters in the game, including 6 mafia. The list of potential characters is below. All players will receive a character name, even if you are a villager. There is the potential for villagers to become more than that as the game continues.

Apu
Barney Gumble
Bart Simpson
Bleeding Gums Murphy
Chief Wiggum
Comic Book Guy
Dr. Hibbert
Dr. Nick Rivera
Fat Tony
Frankie the Squealer
Grampa Simpson
Groundskeeper Willie
Hans Moleman
Homer Simpson
Itchy
Johnny Tightlips
Krusty the Klown
Legs
Lieutenant Eddie
Lisa Simpson
Louie
Marge Simpson
Maude Flanders
Milhouse
Moe
Mr. Burns
Mrs Crabapple
Ned Flanders
Otto Mann
Principle Skinner
Professor Frink
Ralph Wiggum
Reverend Lovejoy
Scratchy
Sergeant Lou
Sideshow Bob
Sideshow Mel
Smithers
Snake

<u>Rules</u>

Votes must be in bold. Votes in quote boxes will not count.

Try not to edit your posts. If you must edit the formatting, that's fine. Do not change the content. As an addendum to this, when you bold something, please put an end tag on it. It's very easy, and avoids frustration for others quoting your post, who then have to edit.

There's no talking at night. We all know this. Try &amp; observe this rule.

Dead people can't talk. They occasionally are able to send 1 last PM to the game mod with no strategy information. The game mod reserves the right to post it in the thread or not.

There's no talking outside the thread unless your role specifically allows it. Dead players cannot talk outside the game, period. Not with other dead players, not with non-players, not with players still in the game. There's the possibility of ressurection in this game.

Non players - please do not post in the thread. Please do not spam the thread with Turbo games. We can all see the sign-up threads, and any players who are interested can go join.

This is a new rule, inspired by some events in another game. I call this the "respect" rule. We've all played this game a lot, and we're not always polite &amp; friendly. That's fine. I consider some light mocking/insults to be part of the game. However, there is a line. We're all adults, and we can all recognize something that is not appropriate. Consider if you were playing WW live. If you call somebody an idiot, they won't like you. If you go too far, they'll punch you in the face. That's where I'm drawing the line. If you break this rule, you get one warning. If you break it again, you'll be replaced, and I'm putting you on probation for any other games that I run. This is solely at my discretion.

<u>AFK Policy</u>

If you sign up to play, you will play. If you don't vote in a day period, I will PM you. If you do not respond to that PM, or vote the next day, I will try and find a replacement for you. I'm not going to try &amp; see if you made a post but didn't vote. I'm going to look at empty spots on my vote count. If you have to back out of the game at any time, that's fine, just PM me in advance. If you have a replacement lined up, let me know, it will save me much hassle.

I will not discriminate when it comes to this. Any role in the game could be replaced. It will only hurt your team. If you need to be replaced without notice, you will not play in my games again. If I see your name in a sign-up thread for a long game, I'll let the mod know you've ditched one in the past. I feel very strongly about this. I understand that life sometimes interferes, and that this is only a game. But, there's been a lot of time &amp; effort put in to this game, by myself &amp; the players. It is not fair to any of us to abandon the game because you're bored.

<u>Flow of the Game</u>

Due to the complexity of the game, I want everything on a schedule. This will allow me to keep my sanity, and eliminate mistakes. I don't want errors like in Turf Wars.

Therefore, the game will run from 10AM - 10PM 2+2 time, daily. All night actions should be sent to me by PM, so I have a copy available at home &amp; at work. All players can contact me on AIM at any time - my screen name is ZurvanCanada - to ask questions, or for any other reasons.

<u>Winning Conditions</u>

Villagers win if all of the mafia are killed. Mafia wins if they get to a majority or equal level with the Village. Any other roles or sub-plots have additional or alternate winning conditions, and know what they are. If you have a sub-plot with an alternate winning condition, you have to meet ALL of your conditions to win. PM me if you have any questions on that. No questions related to the Winning Conditions will be answered in this thread.

Players Receiving a PM:

alphawice
amplify
areinitz
boiler_bd
chuckleslovakian
Don West
DontRaisePlz
Eskimo-Sickness
Fishmonger
GetThere1Time
hornacek