View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Week 10 AFC Power Rankings

re: the Colts

the defense played great this week, yes. but, that offense is very one dimensional, and if you can take away LT2 you can have success against them. Rivers looks l-o-s-t against good defenses.

the offense weirdly played well enough to win. Manning threw some bad balls, but in the 2nd half it seems they were moving the ball just fine.

the special teams were awful, and I don't think that's going to get much better. The Colts have structured a team filled with guys to fit their exact offensive and defensive schemes, and perhaps this doesn't fit in too well with Special Teams. in addition, it's a very top heavy team, salary wise. those scrap heap type guys at the bottom of the roster are likely getting killed in special teams duty.

I said this before, but that Freeney injury kills. if they can't get pressure with the front 4, the whole defense takes a huge hit. fortunately for them, the schedule is very easy down the stretch, so it shouldn't matter too much as long as the Freeney injury isn't season ending.

I still think the Colts are the favorite to get the #2, provided the non-Freeney guys come back soon. The Steelers still have to play the Patriots, and the Colts are way better than everyone else.