View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Beat : England football team

Obviously McLaren is answerable to the FA and they sack him if he does a bad job. But does anybody know who the FA is answerable to? Who holds those people to account? Who sacks *them* when *they* do a bad job? I think its about time heads rolled further up the ladder than just the manager. Who is responsible for employing these terrible managers?

And surely someone has to answer to the fiasco of us still paying Sven his 100k a week (or whatever it was) even a year after he had gone! That should have been a scandal at the FA. How come nobody ever focuses on these old geezers that have failed perhaps more than Sven and McLaren? Even the seedy politicians of today wouldnt be able to survive some of the dreadful leadership that these donkeys have quietly let the managers take the blame for.

England has played terrible, third world, hit and hope football for nearly a decade now and if the FA are allowed to just continue overpaying for managers of average ability we may as well just forget about the international team. Something far more drastic than a new manager is needed.

So Israel beat Russia. Great. A stay of execution. Is anyone really that excited? Do any of us really think it matters if we qualify or not? What are our chances next year? Zero.

Always satisfying to see the bitter Scots go out though obviously. Things havent changed I guess. As usual, their tournament is going to consist of supporting whoever is against England. So when you look at how they have got it, I suppose we dont have a right to be too pissed off.