View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Anyone Else At The Panic Point On The Dollar?

[ QUOTE ]
Being a contrarian works when you've got solid analytical reasons why the rest of the market is in a frenzy. By contrast, there is no reason to be buying the dollar. Leaving aside that disaster in the domestic financial markets, my personal opinion is that people haven't fully gotten their head around the fact that the CPI is being manipulated. That insulting 0
.8% CPI in Q3 really woke me up and got me digging on the subject. Eventually people are going to realize it is being systematically understated (some do, hence the last five years).

As for diversification I'm an American citizen who lives hear, gets paid in dollars, etc. I have a HUGE exposure to dollars in my life, this is good diversification. If I'm wrong that would be FANTASTIC. I'll take a 20% decline in my commodities holdings before a hyperinflationary depression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post! I also strongly believe that inflation is a huge danger and can't for the life of me understand why the Fed doing anything about it. Still, it's good to see that others are thinking in the same lines and that I'm not delusional... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]