View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Monitor / Graphics Card Question

I have an old GeForce 4 MX (I thought it was a GeForce 2 MX, but I think it's 4; any way to confirm this?) laying around. It was in my old computer; I bought my new computer about five months ago but never bought a real graphics card to go with it. I am looking to buy a new 20" LCD 1600x1200 monitor, and heard I need at least a decent graphics card -- something better than a integrated one. Assuming the old GeForce one to be a solution, I installed it in my new computer.

The problem is my monitor won't show up on it. I plug my monitor into the graphics card, but I only see something while the computer's starting up. So I'll see Windows XP loading up and that black Windows XP sign, with the loading symbol, and then when it loads up to the actual Windows, th monitor goes out, and only my other integrated graphics card shows up.

Am I doing something wrong here? I installed drivers for both GeForce 2 and 4, but they may or may not be the right drivers; either way, I've installed a lot of drivers and nothing's worked. Thanks for your help.