View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Blackjack q - continuous shufflers - can they be beaten?

I should have been more precise about my above statement - by 'even out' I meant 'return to normal' (I am very aware of the house edge, out my way it is approx 0.4%). The dealers at my local in many cases deal out between 1 and 2 decks before placing back into the shuffler. Not all of them but a large enough number. I still not convinced a 2 deck penetration will provide a good enough count into 6 decks though am def running a few sims on it. In the process of doing other things so my model of the shuffler is taking a bit but should shortly have a very close model of how the cards are dealt, including a moderately accurate representation of the shuffler. The only part I can't figure out is whether the shuffler dumps an entire tray into the buffer or only pulls out single cards from a randomly picked tray. I do not hear the machine working while the dealer is dealing which lends me to believe that the tray is not continuously spinning each deal and thus lean towards the first - that a tray is dropped in each time it is required. Nobody happens to know which shuffler this would be (a large circle inside with approx 30 trays that rotates)? Or where I could get info on how it works so I can accurately model it?