View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: I didn\'t want to build a pot oop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

making a hand play out easier should have absolutely 0 impact on your decision making process

[/ QUOTE ]

thats so not true...its obviously not the only factor but good players are good at least partly because they know how to avoid really tough decisions where it is easy to make a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

and great players don't care about how difficult a decision is, they just make the right play.

there's a difference between being good and being great.

and the vast majority of this forum has no interest in progressing past being "good"

i dont mean that to be insulting, but ppl are lazy and dumb, and luckily you can still be good at poker being lazy and dumb, but you will never be great.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not insulted evg, but "great" players still plan their hands to avoid difficult decisions. they might not even do it on purpose but they'll often innately take the line that is not just the most profitable but the easiest to play...

why? because the most profitable line usually is the line that allows for the easiest decisions. they set up the hand so they don't have to wonder if their opponent is bluffing or not, etc.

any time someone uses the wa/wb line it gives them easy decisions. this isnt an example of that since there are a lot of draws, but betting the flop and inflating the pot OOP makes it a lot harder to make the correct decisions in the hand, meaning you will get outplayed a lot. i guess thats what i mean by setting the hand up for easy decisions...not necessarily pussying out because i dont wanna make a decision, but allowing myself to make better decisions because the pot is smaller...

anyway i dont really think im making myself clear, and i dont really think we're even arguing about quite the same thing but i'll stop derailing the thread.