View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 04:18 PM

Default Re: MAFIA: TURF WARS (GAME THREAD)

<u>Roles</u>

Cop: There are 2 Cops. Each function as normal, except, once a Cop reveals himself, he can no longer investigate successfully. Undercover cops are useless if the criminals know who they are, yes?

EDIT: Cops, please note this. Once you come out, you are no longer a Cop, just a villager. The first Cop to die or come out passes all his info along to the Deputy, but the second does not.

Deputy: There is 1 Deputy. He does not know who the Cops are. When the first Cop is killed, he will receive all the information that Cop had, and gain the powers of the Cop. Just like the real cops, once he reveals himself, he can no longer investigate.

Mafia: There's two mafia families. They are fighting over the village to gain control of the territory for their illicit activities. Each family will have 3 members. They will know the other members of their own family, but not of the other. They will be able to communicate outside the thread at night only. When the mafia chooses a target at night, they must also choose which of them will do the killing.

Prostitutes: There will be 2 Prostitutes. Each will be associated with a mafia family. They will know who each member of their family is, and can communicate with them at night. Each night, they discuss a target with their mafia family. Whoever they choose to target will not be able to perform their action that night.

So, if they find the Cop, he will not get his look that night. Instead, he will arrest the Prostitute, and she'll spend the night in jail. The other Cop (if still alive) will find out she's the Prostitute, but will not find out the Cop. The Prostitute will be PM'd that she was arrested. The Cop will be PM'd that he arrested the Prostitute, and who it was. If the Prostitute is investigated by the Cop, she is also arrested, and whatever other target she had that night is left alone.

If the Prostitute is sent after the member of the opposition mafia that is assigned to their kill, she will block their night kill.

If a Prostitute is with the person who is being killed by the opposition mafia, there is a small chance she will be killed also. If not killed, she will be revealed as the Prostitute. The killer will also be revealed.

Every night, the Prostitute must act. If no target is submitted by the Prostitute, I will assign one at random.

Richard Gere: A rich villager. This villager will know who he is. If he is targeted by the Prostitute, she will fall in love with him, and he with her. The Prostitute will be PM'd this fact, and then becomes a regular villager. She swears off her criminal past, and reveals to her new partner all the remaining members of her mafia family. This will be done by me, in PM form. The Prostitute &amp; Richard Gere cannot communicate outside the thread at all. There is only one Richard Gere character.

Doctor Bag: This will be a unique twist on the Doctor role. Thanks to Elevens for the inspiration. It will work like this. The first night, I will randomly provide Doctor protection to 1 villager. The next night, he will list 2 people he would like protected. I will randomly select 1 of them. Every night after that, the person who was protected will send me a PM containing 2 names. I will give it to the first person on their list unless that person is the last holder of the bag. Then it goes to person #2.

If the current holder of the bag is lynched, the bag is out of the game. Any role (after the first night) could receive protection. I will not stop it going to a Mafia family. The Doctor's Bag does not conflict in any way with the Prostitute role, so a prostitute will not stop the bag from being moved.

<u>Winning Conditions</u>

Villagers: All mafia, from both families are dead. This does not count the Prostitutes.

Mafia: All members of the opposition mafia are dead, and they have an equal number of mafia &amp; villagers. The Prostitute counts as mafia for numbers in this scenario. They do not need to kill the opposition Prostitute. So, if there is 2 mafia A vs 1 villager vs Prostitute B, Mafia A wins.

Cop/Deputy/Richard Gere: Wins with the village.

There are 25 players, with this distribution:

3 Soprano Mafia
3 Corleone Mafia
1 Soprano Prostitute
1 Corleone Prostitute
2 Cops
1 Deputy
1 Richard Gere
13 Villagers