Thread: Cold Balls
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Cold Balls

[ QUOTE ]
play low compression balls

also, if you are playing in the colder weather, are you really that concerned about score? if you are worried about what you can and cannot do, check a rule book. altho a rule book probly wont help you. read the 300 page decision book on what to do when it gets cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going low this winter. Although I won't be able to decrease my handicap after OCt 31st.

Low compression, I guess that makes sense. When it gets colder, the soft will get a bit harder. But the other balls that have higher compression with warmer temps, will become too compressed.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...4/ai_106995762
******************* TWO-PIECE LOW COMPRESSION

Examples: Dunlop LoCo; Maxfli Noodle; Nike Power Distance Super Soft; Precept Lady and Laddie; Titleist DT SoLo. Price range: $15-$25 a dozen.

Upside: Because they're easier to compress, low-compression balls can improve distance for moderate swing speeds. Some balls in this category offer low spin to improve accuracy and softer covers to improve feel.

Downside: Soft feel may not translate into more spin on short greenside shots.

Expert advice: "The cores are more resilient while keeping the compression soft."--Dean Snell, senior director of research and development for TaylorMade.