View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 02:59 AM

Default Re: What to do in late position with lots of limpers?

Generally, raise for value. Then let the flop texture and the action tell you what to do. I don't automatically c-bet every time here with AK-AQ (or whatever) because I would rather not show down UI and lose to someone with J-3 who hit bottom pair and stayed in the whole time. Obviously the number of people still in the hand shapes how likely a c-bet is to take down the pot. But sometimes I will c-bet; especially when I have some sort of draw to go along with the OCs. I wouldn't be able to say I have any sort of rule.

If I miss the flop and I'm bet into, it becomes a pot odds issue. If I had 99 and 2 OCs are on the flop and there's a bet and a few calls, I'm letting it go. I'm likely looking at 2 outs. But in cases where I have 2 OCs, I'm more likely to raise here if I want to stay in the hand to make everyone else pay 2 bets. If the SB leads out and everyone calls, I count my outs and peel for one more card if I've got the odds. If I haven't improved on the turn I'm usually done.

All I'm saying is that when I whiff on the flop I'm not automatically checking/folding and I'm not automatically c-betting.

I don't think this is a stupid question. I'm really trying to improve my play in this area. Among many.