View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: 2007-2008 College Hockey Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Bumped for...getting people to notice. I saw MicroBob started a new one, which also died. Might not have it sustained until after New Years, but I'm gonna try anyway.

CCHA looks decent early with three of the top 4 teams, but I really don't expect that to last. We (Michigan) look a lot better than I would have expected but the schedule has been softer than expected (Minn is 4-4, BU is awful). Still, very very young team and the same old bad goalie so I'm very happy. The team looks much more careful with the puck this year, and some of the frosh are stepping to replace Hensick/Cogliano/Johnson.

Would be nice if Michigan and Miami are 1/2 when they meet in...January? It's in Oxford but my hockey friends and I are considering a trip down there. I've never been to a road college hockey game yet, so I'm looking forward to it. What's it like down there?

[/ QUOTE ]

ha ha. I didn't see one had already been started.

Miami hockey is good times. I went to practically every game for 15-20 years.
There's one old schedule posters from when I was 13 or so and I'm in the picture standing around the end-boards and cheering as they were battling for the puck.

Their old arena was small but loud and good times.
In 93 Miami pulled off a couple of wins vs. Michigan back when Miami was still coming into their own and Michigan were top dogs. They packed over 3k fans in the 2200 seat arena and a lot of the SRO crowd couldn't even see the game. Incredibly exciting atmosphere.

Now they have a new arena and I haven't been there yet so I really can't speak for it.
They needed new facilities but the atmosphere of the old place was a ton of fun. I have hopes that the atmosphere at the new place is half as good.