View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 06:19 PM

Default preflop checkie cause i have lost every pot in the last 7 days,

So I'm on the worst run of my life and I just want to make sure I am doing these little things right that are now standard for me.

5 handed stars 25/50 ( the last 25/50 session i played, and the last one i will play for 2 months!).

The game has teacup, h@ll who seems to be playing awful lately, a buddylist player, and an unknown. The unknown is the villain in this hand. This is like 20 hands in, and not much has happened yet. This guy seems pretty TAG and has cbet a few times but nothing out of the ordinary, so basically no read. I have raised all buttons i have had so far, and prob all opens from the CO.

I open to 200 w/ AKo on the button (I have 6200, villain covers), villain raises to 650 in the sb, bb( h@ll) folds. I raise to 2000 w/ the intention of calling a shove... boring/ standard right?

How often are you calling here? Since folding is clearly not an option, do you prefer raising or calling here? I think there is a lot of merit to both, but given how light ppl are 3 betting pf these days I have been 4 betting light as well and it seems to be a good strat. Anyways, just let me kno if I'm way off or way standard or w/e.