View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 06:30 AM

Default Re: ZOMG - Gramps Only Took 3.75 Years to Make 1600 Posts!

[ QUOTE ]
Gramps, besides the ability to handle soul-crushing variance, what do you think separates you from other sng players?

Also why do eastern European strippers love you so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

The first one is a good question, I'm not totally sure. I've always scored up with the math club kids on aptitude tests, but have some people understanding as well, so that's a good combo. I'm more of an introvert and prefer my own private work space, so I actually like sitting in front of a computer all day (with semi-frequent breaks to go out and interact with people, of course). I'm the most competitive [censored] you've ever met at times, yet understand that it's a detriment in some respects and can laugh at myself getting upset at bad results - the combo of very competitive but having very good tilt control is hard to come by. I went from sucking at golf to being very good at golf through lots of painstaking practice, and reading books on the mental side of that game was a great base for poker which I've tried to apply. As far as specific strategy, I think I have a pretty good understanding of some long-run concepts against different opponents in strategy - SNGPT is a phenomenal tool (which I still get very rusty on all the time), but it's not the total answer to SNGs. Also, I'm pretty good at picking out small pieces of info to put people on more accurate ranges than what others might pick up on, me thinks.

As far as EE strippers, I would guess it's because I love them, and am the one holding the hundreds that they desire to get their hands on.