View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Moving to San Diego soon, looking for some advice/thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
me you and tuffish can go to viejas

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that? I'm preemptively down though, since I'm down with almost anything.

[ QUOTE ]
SD is turbo expensive. I paid $600/mo with 2 roommates and that was a steal. If you want to live by yourself get ready for ~1200/mo depending on where you want to live. If you want to live in La Jolla or near UCSD it'll be like 1400 for a single bedroom apt.

If you want to live further south by PB or in Mission Valley by SDSU you're probably looking at 1k/mo. This is obv for living alone. If you're looking for a roommate you're looking at more like 600-800/mo, depending on where.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was checking out 1bedroom places on Craigslist San Diego for 600-800, although they could be total dumps for all I know. I don't mind having a one-bedroom place, although $1k/mo is a little on the steep side.

One of my awesome skills that Binghamton has taught me is how to grimy my way into cheap stuff. I'll nose out a really cheap place to live, and I don't mind living in a so-so to fairly-dumpy place at first. The last 3 places I've lived here have been dumps, lol. As long as it's a dump with TV/internet and a bed I can deal.

[ QUOTE ]
btw EVERYTHING is more expensive here. I just paid $3.33 for gas, etc etc. Make sure you take that into consideration. I luckboxed my way into a nice job so I'm not stressing it too hard, but also bc I don't live in San Diego, I'm about an hour north.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, gas in NYC is right around there, same with Chicago when I was out there last month or so. My car gets awesome mileage so I'm not too worried about that specifically. As for everything else, I mean I have all the clothes/cds/TV/computer/books stuff taken care of. Fast food is cheap and I can probably survive for months at a time on those Jack-In-The-Box 2 for $.99 tacos. Not to mention In and Out Burger, the thought of which is actually causing me to salivate.

Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how my apartment-finding quest goes as it progresses.