Thread: Duplicate Poker
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Duplicate Poker

Hey I just got an email advertising "duplicate poker". Here are the basic rules:

Duplicate Poker presents a different kind of online poker experience. It follows the normal Texas Holdem style poker in almost every way except for a few key differences:

1. There are always two or more tables of players. The same number of players are seated at each table.
2. For each hand, an identically shuffled deck is used at each of the table. This means that players sitting in the same position at different tables receive the exact same cards. Each table also sees the same common cards.
3. For every hand, all players on all competing tables receive the same number of chips, irrespective of how many a player finished with in the previous hand.
4. A score is generated for each player based on the net number of chips they have at the end of each hand.
5. A player's final score is calculated by comparing their initial score with the score of all other players sitting in the same seat position at the different tables. The player that has the highest comparative positive chip score at the end of a session wins.

That sounds kind of cool but isn't it just asking for cheaters? If someone's friend is on a different table but in my seat they can tell their friend my exact hole cards? I suppose in a tourny setting it could work...

What are your thoughts?