View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Green Party for decentralization?

[ QUOTE ]
While that is true. That would never work. There is a movement we are dealing with called reset america. www.resetamerica.com that wants to pretty much do that. I can only speak for the green party when I say that the differences are very large.

Case and point...the first second a Green candidate mentions universal health care the libertarians would drop him like a rock or visa versa.

The Greens are trying to build a party to compete with the 2 big boys. We don't want to become a marginalized 3rd party conglomerate.

I am at the Green Party national convention right now and this stuff is being discussed non stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Universal" health care implies "federal" health care, which destroys any claim they might have to supporting decentralization. Now, if they actually support decentralized state level health care, there is room for compromise with libertarians.

As for building a party to "compete with the 2 big boys," the only way to do this under the current system is to supplant one of them, and there's even less chance of the Greens accomplishing this than the Libertarians. The views of these parties are simply far too extreme for the average American. A party that focuses exclusively on decentralization, on the other hand, is entirely able to satisfy extremists while also remaining unextreme to the average American.