View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: 50nl ATs line check

[ QUOTE ]
albert you seem to play an incredibly tight passive, only bet when really strong game

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I raise suited connectors, semi-connectors, and mid-pairs in EP and MP much more than AQ or AJ or AT. Every day I see all kinds of TPWK hands with AQ and AJ and AT OOP for big pots all because the hero raised preflop. And every day it seems like the mistake was raising preflop in MP or EP. It's a small hand that should play for a small pot. Now those other, smaller hands, have bigger potential for hidden draws and monsters. So, while they are "worse" hot and cold, they are better than TP when/if I choose to go to the felt with them on a flop or turn.

If I open raise 45s UTG and flop Q82, then a cb wins or I give up. If I flop 36A, then I cb and have all kinds of outs if I get called or min-rainsed. My pfr is 7%, whichi is low, but still not uber-nitty. My VPIP is high, 24%, but most of that is button and LP play with all kinds of trashy hands in position that I use to steal or flop decent, unexpected hands and draws in position. And my total agg post flop is 2.2 with 1.7 on the turn. So far, at 10K hands since I came back to online play, I'm 4.5 PTBB/100.

But, AQ and AJ stink IMHO for open raising in EP and MP at full ring. They're too good to fold, but not good enough to raise. I'll raise 45s in EP/MP, but limp or fold with AQ or AJ in EP/MP at full ring. After all, with 45s, if I cb on a QT2 flop and get c/r'ed I fold easily. If I cb on a 367 flop and get c/r'ed, then I'm up vs a set or 2-pair and I'm going to the felt a favorite. And if I cb on a Q72 flop and villain doesn't have at least TP, I win with a naked cb.