View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: example of police coercion

[ QUOTE ]
all too many people don't understand their rights or feel uncomfortable asserting them. I think that should be the NORM and the police should FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE SUGGESTING/IMPLYING that citizens relinquish their rights, or bully them with strong tones of voice and posture.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I've been to big apartment complex meetings (of a friend) where the police community outreach program is telling people that if they see something suspicious they should call them (thinking drugs here) and the police will show up and deal with it, funny thing is police came right out and "assured" the people that they don't need to get a warrant they were "very persuasive" and could "talk their way in" after they knocked on the door. said in that police way of being menacing and condescending and belittling with that evil grin/grimace.

It was really chilling, I turned to my friend (a dumb girl) and started commenting how this was like stasi behavior but she was too dumb. also not like we went to it, we were at the pool and the indoor center the meeting was being held and we walked past.

It was scary to be honest.