Thread: $27-TT-bubble
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: $27-TT-bubble

For me this is pretty read dependent.

1. Why is button min-raising? Is he trying to disguise a big hand or is he the kind of player who min-raises in this spot when he isn't feeling confident enough about his hand to risk all his chips, and is really hoping everyone just folds to his min-raise, but if they dont he will see a flop and hope something good happens.

2. Is big stack the kind of player who will have thought about 1, and is it likely that big stack has come to the conclusion that button is weak and can be blown off his hand by facing an all-in bet.

I would only have these reads if for some reason I had the time to pay attention to their play during tourney and particularly at bubble. Absent any reads, with this action I would default to the assumption that button raise was weak and that big stack's push would be made with a wide enough range of hands to make the call profitable. I would call, expect button to fold, and expect on balance to be looking at no better than Overcard-X from big stack, and quite possibly an underpair.