View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 05:51 AM

Default Re: What is Harrah\'s Thinking?

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't in reference to the "wash" that a dealer does when entering the box and starting up the other deck of cards (where they swish the cards in a big circle, north south, east west, make a big deal out it) or when a player asks for it.

A "scramble" is pretty much taking the discards/stub/all the cards from the previous hand and doing a very quick small swoosh around with them, maybe toss in taking some cards off the top and scrunching them into the rest of the deck while picking it up to be straightened out before the dealer goes into the shuffling. It takes all of 3-5 seconds and is just one of those things players don't even think about, its second nature.

Which is why I said, it's typical retarded Harrahs because they bothered to make a rule about something that'll be blown off by the majority of dealers within 10 minutes, but people will need to complain and get on their (Harrahs') case in case they (Harrahs) gets on the dealer's cases over the scrambles.

The scramble is important because without it I could finish dealing a hand, drop the stub completely intact, then pile up the discards, place them on top and start the shuffle right there. See Blair's concern about stacking now?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok wow. i don't think i've ever seen a dealer not do this. sounds like they're asking for trouble