View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Knowing your math. Basic draws.

[ QUOTE ]

#3. A bad player (140, very loose passive) limps UTG, and we (240) isolate raise 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button to 10 total. BB cold calls, as does the limper. (BB has 383 and is a nit where this cold call is AQ-AT, JJ-22, possibly a little wider range given UTG's presence, but not looser then that). Flop (~30) comes 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and they check to us. We timebank a little bit contemplating a cbet (validity in checking) but opt to fire away with 23. BB calls, and UTG folds. Ok, lost the bad player, got the good player, terrific. Turn (~76) comes the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and BB bets 44. What do we do?

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't try to isolate this villain based only on your description here. If he's bad because he's too loose (i.e., he calls to much), I want to have a hand that's ahead of his range hot-and-cold. If he tends to call preflop liberally and then fold a lot after the flop, then it's fine.

I'm having trouble parsing your description of the BB's range. Possibly wider but not looser? Are you're saying that the range listed represented a looser than normal range for him? At any rate, I'd think a range that includes ATo would also include KQs, which is one sort of hand that I put the BB on after this action.

I think the right play is to call here and bet a lot of rivers. If he checks a spade, then I think we have a good chance of stealing it. If we hit our straight on a non-spade, then we're getting paid.