View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: NL 1/2 Making a living?

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the issue here is going to be win rate and financial security. Presumably you can learn to beat the game for some about fairly quickly since 1) 1/2 NL is soft and 2) You've already put in time online.

However, be aware the 5BB/100 @ live 1/2NL translates to about $2.50 per hour, which is absurdly insuficient. You're going to need more like 45BB/100 to support yourself. That's a pretty quantum leap in how well you'll need to be able to play the game. Being a whitechip "pro" sucks, man. If you want to make your living playing NL, I think you need a realistic plan to be playing 5/10 as quickly as possible.

Seccond, do you have a sufficient roll to cover this? Can you have several losing sessions AND pay you monthly nut in Vegas, and still be sufficiently rolled to continue playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your winrate will be a lot higher live... you should be able to make $10/hr MINIMUM in a 1/2 game. That being said you could probably make more working a normal job or at least make the same amount with no fluctuations... I don't think very many people grind out 1/2nl for al living and i would probably rather kill myself. Live I really don't think its worth playing for a living lower than 5/10nl.