View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Razz-caution or coward?

[ QUOTE ]
Even so, I'd normally have folded on fourth. After all, according to your guesstimate, there's a 50% chance that he's ahead. Also, you don't have much invested in the hand. Why chase?

[/ QUOTE ]There were a few things - one that we might both have a brick, as I said before, and his just calling the completion on 3rd. And if he had a brick, I thought I would have the better of it. It wasn't like I had 68A, which I would have folded. Then there was the Ace out for us both, but also there were three paint cards and no one else came in. It's .50/1, and three-four players to 4th is pretty standard. I thought there must be a lot of little cards out for me to catch.

I realize that it has become a standard play to raise 3rd to have pot odds to call a brick on 4th. I just never do that. I raise 3rd a lot, I also don't. I fold a lot of 4th street bricks, but I call when I just feel like it makes sense situationally and I almost never use pot odds. Sometimes you get a real big jammed up pot and then of course, I'm seeing 5th if I can.

[ QUOTE ]
The hand was played well. I'd expect to win it on the river, but I wouldn't have bet or raised.

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks, I was afraid it was just too nitty to check but now I think it was the best choice.