View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Nonstandard with TPTK?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd generally be more respectful of the BB's range than the LMP given the player descriptions.

The LMP could easily be putting in that third flop bet with the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Even passive players understand the equity equation involved here, if only by instinct and experience. Given the pot size I'd have liked to see the turn and see what action developed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is reasonable but the problem we all have in evaluating live hand situations is that try as we might we can't include the visuals. Player catagorizing is the best we can normally do but Nate is the one who was there and he got something from LMP that convinced him he should be finished w/ this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and have no quarrel with the way he played it. The main consideration is in looking at the pot size, expected to be 9BB here, into which Nate needs to put one more SB. Against a passive type perhaps LMP may reveal more about the strength of his hand on the turn.

I don't like Nate's equity here or the playability of the hand but I like the price offered to see a turn card.