View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: JJ LOL DONKAMENTS?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm being a nit, but I raise to 2.5k pf. I check the flop hoping to keep the pot small and prey for a cheap showdown as you're at a difficult chip position. Also you give villain a chance to bluff on the turn with position. If you think villain will call your flop bet with hands you beat, then bet the flop with the intention of check/calling anything, if you can't call an all in then don't bet the flop. As played I check the turn. The river is tough, if villain is a thinking player he knows you're pot stuck and has at worst trips. I fold the river, I think he's got you beat here almost all the time. Were there any antes? If so I shove pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

level?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope a serious post, hope it made sense. I don't write as well as I think. Here's my thinking if you bet the flop it's going in vs this type of villain. It really depends on your read. Also if there is an ante you probably have an M around 10 then I just ship it pf. I personally check the flop as bad players will call with Ax (I don't know if this is a bad player). If you bet, what worse hands call? If this villain is capable of calling your bet with middle and small pps, suited big cards then you're going to call on the river and I like your flop bet. If villain will fold his smaller pps and suited big cards then check to induce a bluff on the turn.