View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Slate.com on race and IQ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You won't see the bias you confront from inside academia. I didn't but that was 25 years ago and at least an order of magnitude less. Imagine a BA in psychology and you don't meet 2 conservative profs in 4 years. Imagine a poli sci BA that meets none.

Now imagine an associate prof looking to do a little research in the area we are discussing. He's in thick with ideologically hom,ogenous professors, cautious PC administrators and there was this vague idea of tenure someday. What sort of heretical hypothesis is he likely to investigate? Even with tenure, how many will rock the boat?

Investigate Robert Putnam to see just how unPC results are handled. I couild only find this Globe piece but add to it the fact that he did his best to submarine his most recent research. That's what your in with. Boston Globe

[/ QUOTE ]

You still haven't answered my question. What are your sources then if not from academia?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sources from academia are still of some value, just less than they used to be. Hard leftist ideology gained status
in American colleges in the 70s. Unlike hard science, the research in the squishy science has less weight today than in the past. I discount accordingly.

Read up on Putnam and tell me I've got it wrong. You won't. Cocoon's too fragile.

[/ QUOTE ]

So research is legit just only research from the 30's. Excellent.