Thread: I'm scared
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:09 PM

Default I\'m scared

Hi guys

I'm pretty new user at 2p2 but now I would need a help!

I have been playing poker for couple of years and I have played a lot of cash games and mtt's with good results but the last 5 months I have been playing only sng's. I run good and I love playing poker and especially sng's!

I have been playing 50's and I actually run good at 9% roi within that 5 month period. My bankroll is in good shape and 50's feels a piece of cake.

BUT the problem is that when I decide to play 100's I am really SCARED MONEY at those games! My game isn't my best and I shove way too much with good cards because I don't want to get sucked out and be a bubble boy. Also when I lose couple of my first tourneys at the beginning of the session I turn a complete donkey. I must end up winning.

That doesn't happen in the 50's but only at the 100's. I have played only ~100 of those and my roi is much lower but not negative.

What kind of mental practise would you recommend when moving up the levels? Should I just decide to play 50 of those and not mind about the result and at the goal I would analyze my play and after that decide what levels to continue? And I know that 50 tourneys isn't much but when 4 tabling that usually is at least two days and when playing bad it would really suck to lose the money that I have been grinding with hard work! Variance is a bitch.

I would really appreciate your advices and experiences!