View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 07:45 PM

Default 10NL - Blind vs Blind

Hey guys, recently made the switch but am having lots of trouble. Hopefully you guys can help me out with this hand.

Villain is 23/11/1.1 after 276 although at the time I was pretty much just playing my cards and didn't stop to look at his stats. Lately I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed with trying to apply new concepts and this has been happening a lot.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

MP ($2.05)
Button ($7.80)
SB ($8.50)
Hero ($10)
UTG ($7.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.4</font>, Hero calls $0.30.

Ok yah, fold pf, especially against this villain. At the time I was card dead, and thought, oh I'll have position on him, so I called.

Flop: ($0.80) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.45</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB calls $0.80.

He makes a real weak c-bet, and I've got a very vulnerable top pair so I don't want to just call. But at the same time, I'm certainly not committed and don't want to build a big pot. Kind of unsure about this street, I think there's a tradeoff between protecting your hand, and not crossing the threshold here. Comments please.

Turn: ($3.30) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.45</font>, Hero calls $0.45.

It looks like he is trying to see the river cheaply, but I'm trying to manage the size of the pot so I just call.

River: ($4.20) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3</font>, Hero...

Ugh, really confused here. I just improved, but he made a really big bet.

Comments on all streets please.