View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Re: 16: I thought this was a fairly standard push

[ QUOTE ]
Just to the people defending OP because of the strategic perspective - gaining chiplead and advantage being able to gain EV next hands;
If the BB is a reg who's folding AK and he knows you're a reg, he can jam you blind next hand and the hand after that for the same reason. This being the marginal shove that it is, I don't see how it's gonna change any situation. That makes the risk/reward minimal. And yeah with idiot average call ranges I don't really see how you guys as $16 regs would shove here, definitely being a high variance move. If the shorties call, yeah you're also jeopardized.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's sort of a redundant hypothetical situation since if the BB is a reg the 97s push is pretty easy. But, even if that reg pushed ATC the next hand, you still gained EV by stealing the CL. This is because you can call him wider, infact you can call the whole table wider. According to the Nash calculator you gain 0.18 %EV the next hand if you steal the blinds compared to giving BB a walk. I think the psychological effect of being the CL will actually increase your EV a bit more than this against real players. Most regs have the mentality expressed above, that "you want to put pressure on the short stacks, not the CL" and won't be pushing ATC on you once you have the CL.