View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 07:52 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/12 - 500k Buyin - Part 2 Spoilers aho

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No ones mentioned the fact that PA might think he can outplay Jamie. I think it's uncertain how confident PA was that Jamie had a big hand. I think it's an incorrect assumption made a few times in this thread that PA def thought Jamie had a big hand. Makes the analysis much different.

[/ QUOTE ]

This deserves more attention. After all, if PA is drawing for the huge implied odds against Jamie's super strong hand, then why would he be so quick to have it run 2-3 times? The EV is only positive if he can stack Jamie, rather than "settling" for $125K.

PA was uncertain how strong Gold's hand was.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't make sense. The hands were tabled when the discussed running it multiples times. No one was confused. There was probably a lot of discussion that went on that was edited out. From what I have been told it's typical at these stakes that when someone requests to run it a certain number of times it's usually agreed to. Maybe if there is a personal animosity between two players they won't but PA probably doesn't want to come off looking like a jerk on TV by refusing. And he still had the odds in his favor for scooping. If there were two cards to run it would have been different.