View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Diet changes that have benefited you

Continuing from the other thread, list the diet/lifestyle changes that you've made that have made a good impact on your _current_ health, it could be higher energy levels, better moods, less stress, better digestion, less illness, better skin, anything but lets for now leave out the long term benefits, although cholesterol can go in. Then list the ones you feel have had little or no benefit.

In order of most benefit:

- Daily exercise. Largest effect of all on my mood, energy and focus. My mood is a lot more positive, more easy going, my determination towards goals shoots up. Focus comes easier and generally at a high energy level for the rest of the day. That's doing 5 times a week 30 minute jogs.

- Drinking 6 pints of water daily. Feel better when awaking up. Higher alertness.

- Eating small and often. I feel this has had bigger changes than exactly what i eat, obviously not to extremes of eating chocolate 8 times a day. Better mood and energy again.

- Vitamin C. 1mg, more detail in the other thread. Less illness since. I did this before diet changes, but now with the diet changes it's probably a very small addition.

The order would be 1 >>>>> 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4.

Not much _current_ benefit:

- Eating more fruit, vegetables. It's kinda unfair singling these out because this diet change coupled with exercise removed any depression i had, but exercise was a lot larger, and while long term benefits here are huge, current benefits don't feel that major. Most noticeable difference was healthier skin, although again, that is couple with water and maybe Fish Oil supplements.

- Eating almost vegetarian. I'm just testing this out, and haven't really given this a full shot. Before Vegas i was 2 weeks in eating only chicken at most 3 servings a week. This is almost exclusively imo for long term health benefits and i can't fairly comment on any short term benefits, but atm i haven't noticed any. Read some pretty large statements on the mental benefits of this though.

- Multivitamin. Obviously extremely hard to tell, nothing noticeable though.

- Fish oil. Tons of benefits get quoted everywhere for DHA and EPA. Lower cholesterol, improved IQ, improved memory, healthier skin, etc. Taking 360mg EPA and 240mg DHA (high dosages) daily i noticed no benefits. Again though, very hard to judge this one and esp. since i started this supplement around the same time as other life style changes.

So post yours, the good and the bad, lets leave any studies shown out of this, as i could probably find conflicting evidence for every one above, just personal benefits.