View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Frustrated at NL10

If you don't have rake back don't play small stakes cash games on ftp, their rake is killer. Move to Stars if you're playing NL10.

- Is it essential that i purchase tools like Poker Tracker or PaHUD at this point?

Poker tracker will help you improve your game at a faster rate, and pahud will help you if you multitable.

- In an attempt to become more positionally aware i have been raising a MUCH wider range of hands from the btn and CO position when folded to me(any two suited, Qx, Kx, Ax, connectors, one gap connectors down to 6-4, usually a little narrower from CO). Is this range too wide? Should i not be trying to make so many steals at these low of limits? After one C-bet post flop should i be shutting down?

As far as raising wide in lp, in general I like it but it depends on your opponents. And cbeting, again depends on your opponents.

- Is it profitable at 10NL to occasionally be playing draws aggressively? Are most players at 10NL not actively thinking enough for this to be +ev?

Playing draws aggressively, depends on who your playing, if it's a raised pot, and the texture of the flop.

- What is the best way to build confidence during such a significant downswing?

Head over to Stars, they have .01/.02 cash games, take some time off, post tons of trouble hands (poker tracker will help you with this).

- Should i just be playing straight ABC at this point and only altering my play style when i move up?

ABC poker will win you lots of money at micro nl cash as a basic strategy.

- What is the best advice to someone who wants to be a winning player in the micro limits?

Post lots of trouble hands, keep records, get involved in other people's post in the msnl forum, realize you won't be successful right away, if you aren't winning play no more than 2 tables and really concentrate on what your trying to accomplish with every decision.