View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 05:30 AM

Default Re: PLO100 - turn the nut straight, value bet backdoor flushing river?

[ QUOTE ]
Is rr this PF standart or just a BT raise with a wide range like in Holdem?

[/ QUOTE ] To me (and hopefully to others), AQJ4 suited is a very good hand, re-raisable ESPECIALLY on the button. AQJ has a lot of straight possibilites and top two pairs. The suitedness of the 4 with a Q and questionably the A for a non-nut straight makes this hand reasonably co-ordinated.

[ QUOTE ]
if villain raises the flop, do we shove our draw, repping kings, or will he never fold Tens or treys?
Would shoving the draw be horrible, considering that we already have one of our outs in our own hand?

[/ QUOTE ] If you CAREFULLY count your outs, I counted 13 outs (3 J's, Q's, A's and 4 9's). I also added another 1.5 outs accounting the backdoor flush draw (I think that is what it is approximately worth in Omaha). That makes 14.5 outs. The chance of hitting one of those outs on the turn or river is 53.03% or 0.89 to 1 (I hope again). So, if my calculations are correct, you are a favorite to win this hand (let's ignore two pair(s) and sets and full houses). So, as my answer to your question, you could be representing kings (at least to him), but for your own sake I would say you would be raising for value.

[ QUOTE ]
3) I thought the river is the easiest value shove ever (obv i play holdem^^). Are BD flushes thaaat likely, cuz in holdem its basically a cooler if u have the striaght and he backdoored you...

[/ QUOTE ] Backdoor flushes are MORE likely relative to hold 'em, but you're heads up and if he does have it, he will call or raise you and so be it; BUT a backdoor flush is STILL UNLIKELY and you should try sell the nuts (by betting around $20 as Wazz suggested, though he seems more towards testing what he has...).