Thread: how many souls?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 05:25 PM

Default Re: how many souls?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What evidence do you have that consciousness is exclusively the result of interactions between the material components of the brain, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you got a reply that mentioned something that at the very least makes it more plausible that what I said was correct, you dismissed the reply ("That doesn't pass the basic logic test") because it doesn't "establish" (i.e. prove) that what I said was correct.

That doesn't really make sense unless you meant "proof" when you asked for "evidence". If Hopey misunderstood you, then so did I. Maybe you should state more clearly what you mean. How do you define "evidence" for example?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of nonsense has been made “plausible” to a lot of people.

You made a definitive assertion: “There is no evidence that souls exist, i.e. that consciousness is something more then just a result of interactions between the material components of a brain and the brain's interactions with its environment.”

I don’t want “proof” or “plausible”, just the facts best supporting the position that consciousness is nothing more than the material brain and its activities.