Thread: "Lost" Albums
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: \"Lost\" Albums

[ QUOTE ]
"You Gotta Sin to Get Saved" is in my constant CD rotation...just a fantastic singer and songwriter...not sure why Maria McKee never became huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's in my rotation too. From listening to interviews and live concerts Maria seemed to be the type to always disavow her previous work (especially her Lone Justice work done the Lone Justice high energy style). I think she should have been savvy enough to through a few bones to her early fan base. She could have done it without sounding like a tribute band.

To stay in a "CD rotation" the music on the album needs to be timeless and there can't be any "skip over" cuts. Her Lone Justice albums do have a couple skip over cuts IMO.

I still like music played through a real stereo in the living room so a CD rotation is important to me. Only ten percent of my CDs continuously stay in the rotation; the skip over cut thing is much easier to edit out of an iTunes playlist.

My dream is to take an old computer, install huge disk drives, rip my best CDs into a lossless format and put them on the old computer, figure out a way to connect this to my 5.1/7.1 A/V home theater and set up an iTunes type interface where I can sit back in a chair with a click wheel type remote and listen to full fidelity music and custom playlists. I know something like it can be done with an iDock but I prefer the lossless format and need more storage than can be found on an iPod.

[ QUOTE ]
I know most people don't like the second Lone Justice album, Shelter, feeling it was a pop bastardation of their country sound, but I always dug it...a good song is a good song, you know? Besides, if Lone Justice hadn't broken up I doubt we would've gotten MM's incredible solo work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm listening to the Shelter album now. Maybe there aren't any skip over cuts [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick