View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: NL100, howto maximize hidden quads

Preflop: First of all, you didn't limp, so don't use that term. Once the pot is raised, no one is limping anymore. You CALLED.

And you called a raise from UTG that was over called bu UTG+1 and you are not in position. FOLD. But you called, then it was raised and called back to you - since you DO close the action PF as played, it is a MARGINAL call of the re-raise as you are still out of position vs the PF re-raiser. You need to hit this flop REALLY hard. I'm more apt to fold.

NOTE: Instead of worrying about how to extract on your rare quads, think about how to save money by not spewing your chips left and right preflop like some lagtard.

FLOP: You got very lucky, congrats. I like the check/smooth call.

TURN: You improved, so I like the check raise. Though I hate min raises, maybe it's okay here to illicit the re-raise. Once he did re-raise, though, tank for a long time, then just CALL and PUSH RIVER.

Leading this turn is actually a good choice though too. Right now the pot is at $180, so a $90 (half pot) bet is getting called by pocket pairs, which is what you are hoping that CO has. And if you're lucky, he has AA or KK, and is re-popping it. Because if you lead here, he is LESS likely to assume you have a 4, and MORE likely to assume you have pockets.

AB