View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Adanthar - your opinion?

Adanthar and all others who advocate the larger edge Party Steps have in terms of building a bankroll can I get you're opinion on this (from STT section).

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question that was asked in the first one, but not answered:
What is 5-step? I've heard people referring to it as if it were some level of buyin, but I can't figure out what it is

You must be refering to the step systems. I don't know what sites offer them, or what the official name for them are. But, at party it is the Steps.

There are 5 steps. You start at Step 1. If you win Step 1, you move to Step 2. And it continues like that until you reach Step 5 where there are cash payouts.

At each level, if you do not win or come in the top couple spots, you usually get a freeroll into that same step or a step or two down.

Generally people see them as a rake trap. At each step, you are paying a certain amount back to the site. It's very difficult to win enough sngs to get to the top step, so you're paying a lot of rake along the way to what is usually just busting completely.

People are attracted to them because the payouts are huge compared to the buy-ins for the first couple steps. But, people should remember that there is no easy way to make these big scores. It's no different than playing a 6.50$ and winning and buyin into a $27. Then winning the $27 and buying into a $114. You can imagine, it's pretty easy to lose your initial buy-in, because you are most likely going to lose at some point. - devin

[/ QUOTE ]