View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Re: $10/$20 LO8 hand from EP

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Dave - Interesting idea. Has that been working out well for you?

[/ QUOTE ]
early trials at 9-max haven't been profitable.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm very interested in the specifics. I imagine the way you play hands like this is highly opponent dependent. Is that right?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, if i consider the blinds superior players, i limp or fold instead.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you open with a raise from the cut-off position whether there are limpers or not? If so, does it depend on who the limpers are?

[/ QUOTE ]
only w/o limpers, although raising this hand against passive limpers might be ok sometimes.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do on the next betting round when you have not gotten a very good fit with the flop and anybody left in the hand checks to you?

[/ QUOTE ]
depends on # of players, if it's heads-up it seems like a mandatory steal attempt situation.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do on the next betting round when you have not gotten a very good fit with the flop and somebody bets into you?

[/ QUOTE ]
check-fold most of the time, unless player commonly makes total bluffs. occasionally bluff-raise flop.

[ QUOTE ]

What do you think a good flop fit is with this starting hand? (I imagine that is at least somewhat dependent on how many are in the pot with you).

[/ QUOTE ]
probably most flops containing at least 2 high cards.

I'm still unsure of LP hands to open the pot when first in.. i often find myself with 2459ss, A5KJr, and QJTTss in these positions and haven't formulated my own autopilot strategy yet.