View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 06:25 PM

Default 2/4 Foxwoods.. what to do in a rock garden?

I believe this question belongs here but if not please advise.

Today at the woods I got there really early.. 830am.. Just as I came in a new table opened up and I soon found myself sitting with the older crowd. They are all nice guys and Ive played with most of them a few time but their play is so tight Im not sure how to squeeze a few extra bucks out of them. I am currently averaging 3.5 BB an hour at the usual loose tables so this put a big speed bump in the road

Two quick examples is QJ suited on the button. Rock calls. turn is 2 9 10 rainbow. I check he checks. Turn is a Jack. I bet he rapid raises. I say "so youve got KQ?" and I fold. He doesnt even have the sense not to show me the KQ.. he made $6 on the deal.

Second example is same character raises UTG+2 .. might as well had his aces face up. I have 78suited BB so I call figuring I have a 33% chance to crack him. He let me check it down to the river almost catching a straight and shows his aces... short story long.. Tight.

Question.. How do I get more money out of these guys.. I know they are no fools and constant aggression wont be feared by them. I opened up my limping range on the late side with some success (q9 suited, J8 suited) but short of that.. what do I do? I see these guys spread out most days but days like this are bound to come up again.

Thank you for taking my call and Ill take my response off the air. (NPR anyone?)