View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 08:18 AM

Default Some Clarification

[ QUOTE ]
Much thanks for following up on your plan of addressing the issue!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but I got distracted by one of our other forums. Also, I had to watch Virginia Tech beat Florida State. I'm sure you'll understand.

We were hoping to have something from our attorney team to put up, but nothing has come through yet. So I'm going to post the following in the mean time:

For the AP investigation which we proposed to AP and in which we thought at first they would accept, there were fees involved since the attorney team needs to be paid. The way it was to be done was for AP to pay Two Plus Two and then Two Plus Two would would pay our attorneys. That way the investigative team would be completely independent of AP. In addition, Two Plus Two would make no money from this since any left over fees would be returned to AP. (In fact, we're losing money on it since there will be other related fees that we will pay ourselves. This is the case whether AP takes the offer or not.)

In our discussions with our attorneys, they preferred to keep this information confidential, so we complied. But Nat's AP contact repeated some of it to Nat and he then posted it here.

My concern is that this was a distraction that took the emphasis off of AP and onto something else that was not significant to the issues at hand. We have, however, asked our attorneys to now give us something we can post on site explaining this in more detail. They have promised to do so, but sometimes it takes a while. (There are three attorneys involved with this process and two of them are out of town through the weekend.)

Best wishes,
Mason