View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Thoughts and Results

I was surprised no one commented on my lead of 1/2 pot on the turn looking fishy...I figured Nick and Artie knew i could do this with air, so I actually threw it out relatively quickly as i figured it would engage Artie in the hand (given his state of mind at this point)...i was prepared to play a big hand against artie with my hand (assuming nick was going to fold)...

when Nick checkraised the turn, my initial thought was to instamuck...i thought his line screamed of strength...but then i got to thinking that Nick knew i liked to bluff, and that he also knew Artie would make a move on me light...and that this was a decent spot for him to make a move (lots of potential dead money in pot)...i really did think he either had a monster or relative air here (thought flush draw, AA/KK type hands were very low probabilty)...i called with the plan of seeing what happened on river...

on the river Nick bets all in...i generally dont call turns like this unless i also plan on calling nonscary rivers...but i just felt that Nick was really strong...this was quite possibly the best game we had played in all year, and i didnt think Nick would make this move on me without a hand...so i folded and nick placed his cards in the muck...

i thought the range of responses were pretty interesting...i figured everyone was going to say the turn was an easy fold...