View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 02:38 AM

Default Re: San Francisco goes after trans fats too

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>Am I correct in inferring that you believe the SF solution doesn't go far enough, and that you support an outright ban, not only in restaurants but in all food of any kind?

natedogg </pre><hr />

well basically I was just responding to this subpoint below.

[ QUOTE ]
MisterJed

Reged: 01/06/05

Re: San Francisco goes after trans fats too [Re: natedogg]
#13194503 - 11/30/07 10:35 PM
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply

The Trans-fat argument bugs me because there is no value out of trans-fats. Banning them is perfectly reasonable to me.

Something like marijuana is different to me because it is valuable to some people.

What good comes from trans-fats?

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
vhawk01
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 02/08/06
Loc: GHoFFANMWYD
Re: San Francisco goes after trans fats too [Re: MisterJed]
#13194528 - 11/30/07 10:38 PM
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply

Quote:
The Trans-fat argument bugs me because there is no value out of trans-fats. Banning them is perfectly reasonable to me.

Something like marijuana is different to me because it is valuable to some people.

Uhhh...what? Marijuana doesnt have any value for me. I mean, it makes me feel good, I guess. So do trans-fats, or at least, I claim they do so go [censored] yourself.

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
TomCollins
Political Prisoner

Reged: 07/28/03
Loc: Approving of Iron's Moderation
Re: San Francisco goes after trans fats too [Re: MisterJed]
#13194602 - 11/30/07 10:44 PM

Quote:

If they have no benefit, then why would anyone voluntarily choose them over the alternative? Seems to be there is a benefit, you just couldn't wrap your mind around it.

[/ QUOTE ]