View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: When restealing with trash...

[ QUOTE ]
I usually let me timer run all the way down, or disconnect my internet then pop right back in right before it folds my hand. Sometimes I can get them to fold KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you are joking or not, but I just got a 3-month chat ban for cursing out a player who disconnected to make a decision in a blind war. I'm furstrated enough as it is, but taking up (on FTP, at least) what amounts to more than 10% of a blind level so you can basically cheat is wrong. Period.

I try to keep it consistent with the speed I'm operating on. in other words, if I have KK on the blind and I've been taking 5 seconds to make all my other raises, I may wait a little longer for a three bet, but not that much longer. Basically, I think that the WORST thing you can do is give an opponent a reason to fold other than what he has in his hand. If I have 88 and some douchebag uses his disconnect and then pushes with 2 seconds left, he would have gotten a fold out of me which I may have called if he just took a little time and made his move. OR, even better, if he minraises, I may chat something like "Nice play with AA, dick," but I can't do that anymore because I'm chat banned.

Barry